Monday, January 23, 2012

Kitchen Makeover


When we traveled to Texas in late November to spend Thanksgiving with our daughter and our son-in-law, they had completed an amazing kitchen transformation.  Above is the 'House Beautiful' shot of her kitchen. I loved it!! Okay, it wasn't actually in House Beautiful, but it should have been!


 Same shot, but BEFORE all the hard work


 First Step: Painting the Kitchen Cabinets White
a great improvement!


 Looking through the kitchen to the dining room
(with a big surprise waiting in the next dining room shot)


 Same shot, after upper cabinets over the stove have been removed
and a new streamlined stove hood installed.
Isn't it gorgeous!

Did you notice the grand piano in what was formerly the dining room? Who wouldn't trade in a dining table for a grand piano! And now, the den is where the dining table is located. Great choice!


 Another BEFORE shot, this one looking toward the eating nook


 Annnnnnnnd......AFTER - Same perspective
What a huge change!
Love those tangerine-color accents.


 The Finished Project

I wonder how ambitious she is going to feel when she comes for her August visit this year. Hmmmm. I'm sitting here looking at my natural oak kitchen cabinets. Wouldn't they look great with a white makeover! Kevin is already shaking his head 'NO.' What a spoiled sport! ;-)

The Homeowners
Awww...aren't they cute!


Thanks for letting me post about your kitchen, Honey!♥


Photobucket
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
Soap'n'Such

This post is linked to some or all of the following: Amaze Me Monday and Skip to My Lou and Bedazzle Me Monday and  What's in the Gunny Sack and  Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and  Made By You Monday and  Something I Whipped Up Monday and  Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and Get Your Craft On and Tip Me Tuesday and  Made from Scratch Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday and  Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays  and Two Maids a Baking and Overflowing With Creativity and What's Cookin' Wednesday and Craft Whatever and Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Threading Your Way and Lisa's Gluten-Free Blog and Favorite Things Friday and I'm Lovin' it Friday and It's a Hodgepodge Friday  and Creative Bloggers and  Serenity Saturday and  Home and Family Friday
 
Photobucket

36 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Wow! What an amazing makeover! I wish I would get brave enough to paint my kitchen cabinets (as if I need another project!).

Paulette said...

Your daughters kitchen has made a beautiful transformation! Makes me want to redo my kitchen.❤

Unknown said...

LOVE the clean lines and the new vent for the stove top! I need to show this to my husband. Get ready for a loud noise coming from the southern part of your world! I so would like to paint my wood cabinets, but my MIL, who worked very hard to finished them, might just have a heart attack if I do. The fun tight rope walk of living in the family home. It's all good though; they just need a good polishing that I am supposed to get to sometime before March is over.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful makeover! You've got a few months to convince her on yours : )

Unknown said...

Amazing makeover. I love their new kitchen. I'm sure they are loving it everyday!

Robin said...

I love the new air vent..it's so pretty. A beautiful make over. Thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

Such a lovely makeover.

Marti said...

It doesn't even look like the same room. Painted cabinets are so in now. I whitewashed mine, and they look a million times better.

Maggie Ann said...

What a great look they have achieved! Everybody loves a make-over. The vent over the stove is great...and yes, they are a cute couple!!

jennyfreckles said...

Amazing how white brightens up the scheme. Loving those orange accents too.

Stacy said...

I think I am in love with that range hood. ;D

Lois Christensen said...

What a beautiful transformation all with a can of paint and some imagination! Beautiful job! Love the grand piano! Enjoy your day!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Whoa! They did an amazing job! It looks fantastic!!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Gotta love the power of paint!!

Empty Nester said...

They did a GREAT job! What an improvement- and so bright! Now, if we could just move Texas closer to you...or me...LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a transformation - I really love the outcome! It's so nice and bright now. And the contrast of the black and steel is great. Excellent work!
Have a lovely day! Big hugs x

Eva

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Yes they are cute and so is that fabulous kitchen! We are wanting to paint the cabinets in our 12year old kitchen but don't have the courage, yet. It encourages me to see the beautiful transformations on other blogs. Your daughter must be very pleased with the finished look. -------Shannon

Ruth Kelly said...

Incredible makeover - love it.

erin said...

It looks amazing! We just redid my kitchen too! We also painted the cabinets white! Great minds. :) WHAT A HUGE JOB - huge payoff - but so much work. Looks great.

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing! I love the stove hood and you're right, this kitchen should have been featured in House Beautiful.

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll be sure to pass them on to our daughter. Looks like the range hood is a huge hit with all of us! :-)

Unknown said...

Oh wow! That looks just beautiful! They did such a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing this with us!
~Tonia @TheGunnySack.com

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

So beautiful! They did such a nice job on their kitchen! Very updated and clean colors. Quite "House Beautiful" yes.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great makeover job! Love the new look of their kitchen.

G Inspires said...

You all did great! Looks so much better, totally transformation. Good job!

the cape on the corner said...

yikes, that's some before! i love the bright and airy after, especially over the range. great job they did.

Mama Hen said...

I love it! I love white kitchens. So bright and inviting! I hope you are doing well! The picture of your daughter and son in law is lovely. have a bgreat day!

Mama Hen

Deborah said...

I love the looks of this kitchen. It is so full of light and streamlined. What a beautiful place to cook a meal and after the meal, guests could listen to Angie play her beautiful piano. Good job Angie and Gus! :)

Rachel said...

I LOVE the makeover! I can't wait to have a house where I can have a bigger kitchen. The one in my apartment is about the size of a closet. I have to walk in backwards to walk out forward! :/

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful transformation! And a very cute couple! I know you're proud of them! ♥♥♥

laurie said...

I love it.....it's awesome!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, it's so bright and welcoming! Worth every stressful moment ... :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a difference a little sweat can make! Looks good!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Love it! Oh my gosh, it was so dated before and just so sleek and stylish now. They must love being in their kitchen. Vicky from Mess For Less

J_on_tour said...

Light colours have worked wonders here. It's an impressive house from what we have been shown here.

Unknown said...

Great job!! Thanks for linking up! Have you registered for my giveaway?

Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

XO, Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails