Thursday, August 5, 2010

Special Day

Baby Glenn on his way to the baptismal service


With Mom and Dad, of course
 
The family chose this hymn for the baptismal service:

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. 

  Be Thou my Wisdom, Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee, Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one. 






So what brings me joy today? Knowing that this child will be brought up to love and fear God, surrounded by those who will point him to Christ, the Creator and Sustainer of all life - our Rescuer.


'But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.' - Romans 5:8

'For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in Whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.'  - Colossians 1:13-14

Little Glenn has no idea right now, of course, how truly amazing and wonderful all of this is.  At this point, he pretty much just wants to know where his mom is. :-)











Good, True & Beautiful



12 comments:

Denise said...

Precious, so precious. May God sweetly bless Glenn all the days of his life.

Michelle said...

Praise the Lord for your wonderful grandson and his parents desire to dedicate him to the Lord! A very special day indeed!

Elizabeth Lyng said...

What a special day, indeed!

Stacey said...

What a special day!

Visiting via just for the joy of it from www.imalazymom.com

SomeGirl said...

What a WONDERFUL day (and beautiful family)!! Praising God with you! ♥ Michelle

Unknown said...

What a very special day. And oh my, how sweet and adorable Glenn is! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful part of your ... his... life!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So, so sweet...so glad that I stopped by....Have a good weekend..

Judy S. said...

Great photos! Wonderful hymn choice! Blessings on all of you!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord - That fills up my heart today! Sweet little baby Glenn and his parents are in my prayers. :)

~Lisa~ said...

What a beautiful family and a special occasion. Wishing baby Glen all the blessing from God. (=

Deborah said...

What a joyous day for you and a blessing to all. I love the family photo. :)

Candace said...

I enjoyed these photos so much! Thanks for sharing them. It blessed my heart!

Happy Weekend!
Candace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails