The hungry family who live on our front porch rafters
The mama, perched in the cranberry bush, waiting us to leave so she can deliver breakfast
Join Joyce and the Crew
at 'From This Side of the Pond'
'It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed,
because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning.
Great is thy faithfulness.'
And speaking of family...
You should see the one that got away!
You should see the one that got away!
2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this? Unless someone is totally selfless and devoted to upholding the Constitution and willing to put all their time and energy into making our country better and solvent, I don't think they should run at all. Do you know any people like that? I think it's been a long time since we've seen that type of person running for office. As for me, if nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.
Baked by Daddy
3. What scent makes you think of home? Unlike the photo above, a beef pot roast. My mom would put it in the oven before we left for church on Sunday.
4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection? I know why I'm here and where I'm headed, but the journey along the way needs some contemplation, prayer, confession, forgiveness, and refreshment from time to time - like daily (or sometimes moment by moment.)
Astilbe in July
5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream? If I ate ice cream, my favorite food to put it on would be apple pie. Or blueberry pie. Or peach pie. But if I ate ice cream, I would most likely put it on nothing at all. And it would be New York Cherry or Georgia Peach. And plenty of it.
Then again, there are few things better than peach pie.
6. What might your autobiography be called? A Life, In Two Pages (to help out that kid, like I was, who is looking for a quick book report.)
My Dragonwing Begonia that wintered over in the house
Happy to be out on the deck this summer
7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why? Ship across the ocean. I watched Titanic. And, I can't imagine not feeling claustrophobic on a ship out on the ocean, creeping its way toward my destination.
Seafaring Vikings, braver than I
8. Insert your own random thought here. The raspberries in the garden are ready, which means the end of summer is near. Those Six Dreaded Words. I see blight creeping up on my tomatoes and I don't know if they're going to mature before the blight gets to them. I'm afraid that next year if we want to get tomatoes we'll have to plant them in big containers and use only potting soil. I wonder if there is a sure way to prevent blight. I've tried all the suggestions from the county extension office, and they're not working for me, so I'm open to any suggestions from my fellow bloggers. I know that one suggestion is to move them to a different location, but we have a 50' x 50' garden that is fenced in. I can't move that.
Slim pickins on the first day, but a good crop coming along
Check out all my handcrafted, vegan soaps.
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE
'Frosted Apple Spice'
Although I usually forget to do it, there is a chance that this post will be linked to one or more of these great linky parties: Inspiration Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and Making the World Cuter Mondays and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Artsy Corner Thursday and Treasure Box Tuesday and KatheWithAnE and Rubbish Tuesday and Tuesday with a Twist and Knick of Time Tuesday (vintage) and Tweak it Tuesday and Adorned From Above and All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and Good Fences on Thursdays and Time Travel Thursday and Freedom Fridays and Junkin' Joe and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Precious Pets and Saturday's Critters